As a condition of being open, caravan parks are under certain restrictions when accepting bookings until we reach 80% double vaccination status in New South Wales.
Public Health (COVID-19 General) Order 2021
under the Public Health Act 2010
Clause 6.6 of the Order places restrictions on people taking holidays. It says:
- An unvaccinated adult must not take a holiday outside the local government area (LGA) in which the adult resides.
- A person who resides in Greater Sydney must not take a holiday outside Greater Sydney.
Therefore, from 11 October 2021:
- Unvaccinated persons can only take a holiday in a caravan park or camping ground if the caravan park or camping ground is in the same LGA in which the person resides. Unvaccinated persons are not allowed to access onsite premises that must be closed to unvaccinated adults (Rec Room, Gym and Swimming Pool).
- Vaccinated persons who reside in Greater Sydney can take a holiday in a caravan park or camping ground located in Greater Sydney, but not outside Greater Sydney. Vaccinated persons are allowed to access the onsite premises that must be closed to unvaccinated adults.
- Vaccinated persons who reside outside Greater Sydney can take a holiday in a caravan park or camping ground located outside Greater Sydney, but not in Greater Sydney. Vaccinated persons are allowed to access the onsite premises that must be closed to unvaccinated adults.
- Under the Order, Greater Sydney includes the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Shellharbour and Wollongong LGAs.
Premises closed to unvaccinated adults
Clause 2.18 of the Order sets out the list of premises that must be closed to unvaccinated adults. These include higher risk premises, which are located on Armidale Tourist Park premises are –
- recreation facilities (indoors) (means a building or place used predominantly for indoor recreation, whether or not operated for the purposes of gain, including a squash court, indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, table tennis centre, health studio, bowling alley, ice rink or any other building or place of a like character used for indoor recreation, but does not include an entertainment facility).
- swimming pool
Under the Order –
- Fully vaccinated person means a person who has had 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, or has a medical contraindication certificate issued to the person.
- Unvaccinated adult means a person who is more than 16 years of age, and is not a fully vaccinated person.
- Under the Order, vaccination evidence for a person means evidence from the Australian Immunisation Register that the person has had 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, or a medical contraindication certificate issued to the person. A person can get an online immunisation history statement, a COVID-19 digital certificate from the Australian Immunisation Register or information displayed on the Service NSW mobile phone application.
The Gateway to Waterfall Way
Armidale Tourist Park is an award winning inland park situated just minutes from the centre of Armidale, and only a short drive to the wonderful National Parks of the New England region.
The park features cabins for every kind of traveller, from budget studio style cabins to new luxury 4 star cabin accommodation. Armidale Tourist Park also has three cabins specially designed for wheelchair access, and three cabins set aside for guests travelling with Pets.
Pets are welcome on Armidale Tourist Park grounds, which is set on 14 acres of landscaped gardens, and we have our budget cabin where pets are welcome inside.
Armidale Tourist Park has recreational facilities to keep the whole family entertained.
A Jumping pillow, pool, tennis court, and recreation room to tire the kids out. A Fitness room fully equipped with free weights, cardio and cable weights. And an undercover BBQ area, perfect for entertaining.
When looking where to stay in Armidale, Armidale Tourist Park has everything you need keep the whole family happy.
Armidale Tourist Park always has a few specials to make sure you get the most out of your accommodation in Armidale. Check out the accommodation specials below. For discounts at all G’day Rewards parks you can purchase a membership when making a booking, or by speaking to Armidale Tourist Park reception on check in.
If you would like to stay for 4 weeks or more, ask our friendly team about our weekly rates.
LEVEL 3 DROUGHT
Unfortunately, Armidale is suffering from level 3 drought restrictions.
The forecast is for continued below average rainfall.
Armidale Regional Council level 3 water restrictions are as follows for water supplied through the water reticulation system in Armidale:
|Garden sprinklers and fixed hoses||Banned at all times|
|Hand held hoses, drip irrigation||2 hours only* (Sunday & Wednesday)|
|Vehicle washing (BUCKETS ONLY NO HOSES)||NOT between 9am – 4pm during the heat of the day|
|Washing down hard surfaces||Banned at all times|
|Filling private swimming pool||Banned at all times|
|Filling or topping up private swimming pool||Banned at all times|
G’day Rewards Discount
Receive 10% off your booking, up to $50, when you present your G’day Rewards card (formerly Top Parks / Discovery Parks membership)
Memberships are $50 for 2 years and can be purchased on arrival, or when booking online on our website.
We are back open to tourists and have new procedures in place to make sure everyone is safe and healthy during their stay.
We look forward to seeing you!