Camping Armidale – just 2kms from the CBD
If you’ve got a trip planned camping in Armidale & the New England High County, Armidale Tourist Park is the perfect place to start your adventure, finish your off-roading trip or enjoy an extended stay on the landscaped grounds.
Camping facilities feature a camp kitchen with oven, stove top, microwave, kettle and shared fridge; an undercover BBQ area near the solar heated pool; a TV lounge, and onsite fitness room; and three amenities blocks each with showers, toilets, laundry and clothes line.
The recreational facilities boast a shaded jumping pillow, tennis court, solar heated pool, TV lounge & recreation room, and two playgrounds.
Campsites vary from grassed tent sites, drive-through/slabbed/grassed Powered Site, and drive-through Ensuite sites with or without a slab.
Camping Armidale & the New England High Country
If you are feeling more adventurous and want to try your hand at camping in the National Parks, the New England High Country is the perfect place to start. With the many hikes, spectacular gorges and rustic camping facilities, you will be able to get right back to nature.
Tips for camping in the National Parks:
- In an emergency dial 000 or if you don’t have service, call 112
- Bring some fly spray
- Bring clothing for all weather – rain coat, beanie, spare socks and shoes
- Clean up after yourself – don’t leave any rubbish behind
- If you are going for a hike, watch out for snakes and wear sunscreen
- Read the signage around the National Park, you’ll get advice on the length or difficulty of a walk, and also tips on flaura & fauna
- Bring enough food and water. Once you set up camp, you won’t feel like heading back into town, so make sure you have everything you need.
Our favourite spots are:
- New England National Park guide
- Cathedral Rock National Park
- Guy Fawkes River & Chaelundi
- Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
- Green Gully Track
Or see what the Armidale Tourist Information has to say at www.newenglandhighcountry.com.au/experiences/natural-wonders
For information about camping and adventures with pets, check out Pet Friendly Adventures.
Post by Dragonfly.guru